Some weeks back, I was presented with not one, but TWO blogging awards in one day. Way to feel special. However, I’ve thus neglected to accept these generous awards from these two awesome bloggers until today. So, my sincerest thanks (and apologies) go out to Jlee from Jlee’s Blog for bestowing the Illuminating Blogger Award upon me, and Stacie Renee Brown from Writing What Needs Written for granting me my second Liebster Award.
I’ll begin with the Illuminating Blogger Award…
Nothing is off-limits my hilarious nominator, Jlee. Reading her blog is like reading Fifty Shades of Grey in the sense that your jaw…will…drop. Did she really just write that?! The truth is, Jlee’s work is thoroughly enjoyable, and so verbally adept, it’s a wonder she’s not already a bestseller (of course it’s only a matter of time).
So thank you (again) to Jlee for honoring my efforts!
The rules for accepting The Illuminating Blogger Award are as follows:
- Visit the award site, leave a comment, tell everyone who nominated you, and thank the blogger, including a link back to their site.
- Share a random thing about yourself.
- Select 5 or more nominees and notify them that they’ve won the award.
- Put the award on your blog somewhere.
I’m always cold. Even in 70 degree weather. My birthday and Christmas presents usually consist of fluffy socks, cuddly pajamas, toasty slippers, downy robes, wool scarves, electric blankets, and yes…oh man, can’t believe I’m doing this…The Snuggie. Hey, at least I don’t wear it to Walmart…
*And the nominees are:
Michelle Ziegler’s Blog: I’m always happy to see a new post by Michelle in my inbox. She covers all the important writing topics, and relates them in a clear, concise fashion. Her “Fun Fact Friday” feature is one of my favorites.
The KnowledgeMaven: A blogging guru if there ever was one. Her posts are insightful and meaningful—I often find myself thinking about the things she says even days after I’ve read her blog.
*I’m cheating a bit and only picking two. I still have the Liebster award to cover, so I’m storing some steam here!
Thank you again to the fabulous Jlee!
Stacie Renee Brown is my nominator for this award. Like me, I believe Stacie is an ‘intrinsic writer.’ It’s simply part of who she is. A great post of Stacie’s recapped her early literary life and what turned her onto the art as a child. Her writing is both thoughtful and filled with wonderful imagery.
That being said, thank you Stacie for presenting me with this award J
And here are the rules:
- Each person must post eleven things about themselves.
- Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
Eleven Facts About Me
- I have a herniated disc in the lumbar region of my back. I love heels, but can’t wear them. The only shoes that won’t send tingles down my legs are the Dansko brand. Thank goodness they have some fashionable looking styles!
- I have a weakness for psychics. Love going to visit them.
- My favorite “accents” are English and American southern. Oh and my very own ‘New Yawk/New Joisey’
- I love early rock ‘n roll (Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, etc.)
- My favorite month is April
- I can’t get enough white wine. Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc are my faves.
- My favorite time of day is late morning
- I feel stupid whenever I watch an episode of Jeopardy!
- I drink a fruit and soy milk smoothie every morning
- My husband is a Briefcase carrying tax accountant/Tattoo sporting heavy metal drummer/Computer and video game geek. Interesting guy.
- I often light candles in every room of my house, and then forget about them
My 11 Questions to Answer
1. What would you change about humanity, if you could?
No violence. Nobody hurts each other.
2. What kind of relationship do you/did you have with your parent(s) or guardian(s)?
It’s always been strong, solid. I know I’m a good person, and I attribute much of that to them.
3. What is the cutest or most unpredictable thing you have ever seen a child do?
My sister’s boyfriend’s three-year old niece once took a nap in my cats’ bed. Of course, the cats themselves won’t go anywhere near the thing.
4. How do you think the world will have changed by the year 2050?
I think the biggest change will be technology. Tough question. I’m actually afraid to find out!
5. What is the most frustrating part of your craft?
Line-by-line editing. And researching. Or I should say, making use of the research in the story.
6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?
I believe in immediate attraction, and inklings towards love. But true love takes a lot of time to development.
7. What kind(s) of books do you like to read?
Literary fiction with a commercial bent. Lately I can’t get enough “chick lit.” I also have a soft spot for the classics.
8. Who is your idol and why?
I don’t know, really. Probably some idealized version of me.
9. If you were a billionaire, how would you use your money?
First, I’d make sure that I was set for life (i.e. no money problems, I can now write all day, every day) After that, I’d pay off my family’s debts and give money to a number of charities/causes that I care about.
10. What do you like to do for fun?
Write, of course. Read. Go on mini-road trips to wineries. Hikes. Just spend time with friends and family.
11. Where is your favorite place and why is it your favorite?
Cape May, NJ. Best beach resort in the world—at least to me. My family took vacations there every year as I was growing up. There’s something about the ambiance that makes everything in the world seem OK.
My Questions for Future Recipients:
- Have you ever seen a ghost/spirit? If so, tell me about it. If not, do you believe in ghosts/spirits?
- What’s your favorite movie from the 1980s?
- What do you wish you knew in high school that you know now?
- What’s your favorite cocktail or alcoholic beverage?
- What’s your favorite vegetable?
- What’s one band or artist you love that goes against your normal range of musical taste?
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
- What do you think was the most interesting news story of 2012?
- List all the major cities of the world that you’ve visited. Which was your favorite?
- Who is your favorite figure from history?
- What current song can’t you stand?
Eleven, err, five bloggers I’m awarding
- Eva Rieder
- Kirsten-A Scenic Route
- Jlee-Jlee’s Blog
- Abrielle Valencia
- Carrie Rubin-The Write Transition
These five are some of the most hardworking, interesting, and loyal bloggers out there today. I’m so happy to be acquainted with all of them. So often, they just plain make my day! Congrats to all you wonderful writers.
Thank you again to Stacie Renee Brown
20 responses to “Killing two awards with one post”
Wow Katherine! Thank you so much!! The feeling is mutual. xoxoxo
Your welcome! So deserving!
Thanks so much for the nomination! I believe I have that one, but the nod is always appreciated. 🙂 Fun to learn some things about you. I’m one of those weird ones who doesn’t mind line-by-line editing. Up to a point, that is. After reading through a manuscript a zillion times, it becomes much more unpleasant.
No problem! I may have won this one before too…can’t keep track. Ugh, line by line editing drives me nuts…especially when someone else is doing it for me.
Suh-weet! Thanks so much for the award, Katherine. I’m so glad we connected. Your blog inspires me!
@Knowlegemaven & Katherine,
Both of your blogs inspire me! CeCe, thank you for connecting me to Katherine (via your blog). 🙂
Yes….it’s great we all met up!
Thank you! Yours obviously inspires me as well 🙂 Your most recent post about politics really got me thinking
Thank you so much for the pretty award and the kind words!
I had no idea that I would enjoy blogging as much as I do, and writers like you are part of what make it so much fun.
I look forward to answering your great questions!
Your welcome! I was hesitant about blogging for the longest time. Thought it would take me away from my writing, etc. But it’s actually made me a stronger writer…and I really have met some great friends (like yourself) 🙂
Congratulations! You deserve it… and I’l be checking on your blog picks. (Sorry I haven’t gotten to the award you kindly bestowed on my blog — just way, way too much on the plate.)
Thanks Terri 🙂 I understand…it took me forever to acknowledge this one! The awards are wonderful, but time consuming!
Thanks so much, Katherine! I can honestly say yours is one of my day-maker blogs as well! I’ll get on this asap…Keep up the great work, and be careful with that back!
Thanks Eva! Glad we found each other 🙂 Thanks for the warning about my back. Sometimes I go on like I don’t have the injury!
Yikes! Don’t do that!
Congrats! I’m with you on wining a trillion or so dollars. I never thought a person could fall for another on sight, until… it happened to me only once. It’s probably why I enjoy writing love stories, or stores of love. Hmmm, go figure.
Thanks! Did your love at first sight last?
I’m so honored by the nice things you say about my writing! 🙂 Thank you so much! And thank you for the Award. I’m so touched. 🙂
I’d love to hear more about your husband…definitely sounds like an interesting guy. Also, any chance we can see an excerpt from your book???
Happy Halloween girl!! xx
You’re welcome, as always 🙂 How could I not nominate you? My husband is definitely interesting. I should try and include him in more posts…hmmm. I’ve been considering posting an excerpt of my book for quite some time…I’m scared though! It’s like sending a kid off to school 🙂