I invite you to play this game with me. You’ve been stranded on a desert island, and you can only have ten books with you. Now remember, these are the only books you’ll EVER be able to read again, so you must make sure you’d be willing to read them over and over again. As a book lover, this is perhaps one of the most cherished lists I’ve ever written. I did it on pure gut instinct. These are the books that I absolutely love, books that have changed my life and my perception of the world.
Here are mine (in no particular order):
1. She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
2. I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
4. A Separate Peace by John Knowles
5. While I Was Gone by Sue Miller
6. Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann
7. July, July by Tim O’Brien
8. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
9. Lady Chatterly’s Lover by D.H. Lawerence
10. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
What are your choices?