Some weeks back, I was presented with not one, but TWO blogging awards in one day. Way to feel special. However, I’ve thus neglected to accept these generous awards from these two awesome bloggers until today. So, my sincerest thanks (and apologies) go out to Jlee from Jlee’s Blog for bestowing the Illuminating Blogger Award upon me, and Stacie Renee Brown from Writing What Needs Written for granting me my second Liebster Award.
I’ll begin with the Illuminating Blogger Award…
Nothing is off-limits my hilarious nominator, Jlee. Reading her blog is like reading Fifty Shades of Grey in the sense that your jaw…will…drop. Did she really just write that?! The truth is, Jlee’s work is thoroughly enjoyable, and so verbally adept, it’s a wonder she’s not already a bestseller (of course it’s only a matter of time).
So thank you (again) to Jlee for honoring my efforts!
The rules for accepting The Illuminating Blogger Award are as follows:
- Visit the award site, leave a comment, tell everyone who nominated you, and thank the blogger, including a link back to their site.
- Share a random thing about yourself.
- Select 5 or more nominees and notify them that they’ve won the award.
- Put the award on your blog somewhere.
I’m always cold. Even in 70 degree weather. My birthday and Christmas presents usually consist of fluffy socks, cuddly pajamas, toasty slippers, downy robes, wool scarves, electric blankets, and yes…oh man, can’t believe I’m doing this…The Snuggie. Hey, at least I don’t wear it to Walmart…
*And the nominees are:
Michelle Ziegler’s Blog: I’m always happy to see a new post by Michelle in my inbox. She covers all the important writing topics, and relates them in a clear, concise fashion. Her “Fun Fact Friday” feature is one of my favorites.
The KnowledgeMaven: A blogging guru if there ever was one. Her posts are insightful and meaningful—I often find myself thinking about the things she says even days after I’ve read her blog.
*I’m cheating a bit and only picking two. I still have the Liebster award to cover, so I’m storing some steam here!
Thank you again to the fabulous Jlee!
Stacie Renee Brown is my nominator for this award. Like me, I believe Stacie is an ‘intrinsic writer.’ It’s simply part of who she is. A great post of Stacie’s recapped her early literary life and what turned her onto the art as a child. Her writing is both thoughtful and filled with wonderful imagery.
That being said, thank you Stacie for presenting me with this award J
And here are the rules:
- Each person must post eleven things about themselves.
- Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
Eleven Facts About Me
- I have a herniated disc in the lumbar region of my back. I love heels, but can’t wear them. The only shoes that won’t send tingles down my legs are the Dansko brand. Thank goodness they have some fashionable looking styles!
- I have a weakness for psychics. Love going to visit them.
- My favorite “accents” are English and American southern. Oh and my very own ‘New Yawk/New Joisey’
- I love early rock ‘n roll (Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, etc.)
- My favorite month is April
- I can’t get enough white wine. Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc are my faves.
- My favorite time of day is late morning
- I feel stupid whenever I watch an episode of Jeopardy!
- I drink a fruit and soy milk smoothie every morning
- My husband is a Briefcase carrying tax accountant/Tattoo sporting heavy metal drummer/Computer and video game geek. Interesting guy.
- I often light candles in every room of my house, and then forget about them
My 11 Questions to Answer
1. What would you change about humanity, if you could?
No violence. Nobody hurts each other.
2. What kind of relationship do you/did you have with your parent(s) or guardian(s)?
It’s always been strong, solid. I know I’m a good person, and I attribute much of that to them.
3. What is the cutest or most unpredictable thing you have ever seen a child do?
My sister’s boyfriend’s three-year old niece once took a nap in my cats’ bed. Of course, the cats themselves won’t go anywhere near the thing.
4. How do you think the world will have changed by the year 2050?
I think the biggest change will be technology. Tough question. I’m actually afraid to find out!
5. What is the most frustrating part of your craft?
Line-by-line editing. And researching. Or I should say, making use of the research in the story.
6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?
I believe in immediate attraction, and inklings towards love. But true love takes a lot of time to development.
7. What kind(s) of books do you like to read?
Literary fiction with a commercial bent. Lately I can’t get enough “chick lit.” I also have a soft spot for the classics.
8. Who is your idol and why?
I don’t know, really. Probably some idealized version of me.
9. If you were a billionaire, how would you use your money?
First, I’d make sure that I was set for life (i.e. no money problems, I can now write all day, every day) After that, I’d pay off my family’s debts and give money to a number of charities/causes that I care about.
10. What do you like to do for fun?
Write, of course. Read. Go on mini-road trips to wineries. Hikes. Just spend time with friends and family.
11. Where is your favorite place and why is it your favorite?
Cape May, NJ. Best beach resort in the world—at least to me. My family took vacations there every year as I was growing up. There’s something about the ambiance that makes everything in the world seem OK.
My Questions for Future Recipients:
- Have you ever seen a ghost/spirit? If so, tell me about it. If not, do you believe in ghosts/spirits?
- What’s your favorite movie from the 1980s?
- What do you wish you knew in high school that you know now?
- What’s your favorite cocktail or alcoholic beverage?
- What’s your favorite vegetable?
- What’s one band or artist you love that goes against your normal range of musical taste?
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
- What do you think was the most interesting news story of 2012?
- List all the major cities of the world that you’ve visited. Which was your favorite?
- Who is your favorite figure from history?
- What current song can’t you stand?
Eleven, err, five bloggers I’m awarding
- Eva Rieder
- Kirsten-A Scenic Route
- Jlee-Jlee’s Blog
- Abrielle Valencia
- Carrie Rubin-The Write Transition
These five are some of the most hardworking, interesting, and loyal bloggers out there today. I’m so happy to be acquainted with all of them. So often, they just plain make my day! Congrats to all you wonderful writers.
Thank you again to Stacie Renee Brown